View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 12:01 PM   #6
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkchapman View Post
If you mean "what's in it for me?", probably not much at all. If you mean "what makes this important to the e-book industry?", I think these are the salient points:
  • More in-store IRL exposure for e-book readers
  • A new, major player officially entering the fray
  • The first steps toward hybrid brick/digital media stores
Well, okay, you can now buy a Reader in a Borders store who will now promote the Sony instead of the Amazon device. Maybe that would help the people who would like to see one of these things working before they buy. I'll buy that. But Borders was already in within Amazon so I'm not sure how switching to Sony helps. Maybe it does, I'm just not sure how at the moment. And I'm not sure what a "hybrid brick/digital media store" really means. Can you please elaborate on what you think this does (for ebooks, in general, not just for you and me)?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote