View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 07:07 PM   #48
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Looks like an encoding issue to do with the book title or author. Can you post an example book?
I'll keep a list and when I get a few I'll post back. Just the titles/authors as listed in my library?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
I am sure Kovid could advise on this but it looks to me like your title contains a character that is not valid in the latin-1 charset. So a simple edit of the title would be one crude way to work around it.
This may be true, but it is always the same error with the same character (u'\u2019'). If I read it right it is a "right quote"? I don't see any odd characters in the titles. There doesn't seem to be anything I can see that causes this. Next time I run across this I'll delete the title and author and type them back in by hand.

Update: If I choose to do anything IRL all of a sudden I'm way behind the curve and Kiwidude and Kovid have solved the problem.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 04-04-2011 at 07:14 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote