View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 12:59 AM   #3
RedRoverJ
Zealot
RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo
First of all, thank you for the explanation, Jordan.

Secondly, it looks like you don't want to be replacing batteries on Kobos when they do not live up to their expected life. I can understand that from a business point of view. However, as a customer I feel like I am forced to "take it" as this solution is worse than the original problem in my opinion.

I really do dislike this new "feature" and now regret doing the update. Can you tell me how much I can expect the battery life to be cut without this feature? As technology changes and advances it seems that batteries often outlive the devices. Perhaps the decrease in battery life really won't be an issue for a casual reader such as myself.

Anyway, I do appreciate that you, Michael, and Sameer are on here keeping us up to date and explaining these things. It really is nice to see a company as involved with their customer base as you have been.

Edit: As Marnom mentioned above. If the reader was powered off while in a book, it would be nice if it returned to the book, and page, when powered back on. That alone would give the appearance of a faster startup and would make me happier.

Last edited by RedRoverJ; 07-03-2010 at 01:14 AM.
RedRoverJ is offline   Reply With Quote