View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 07:39 PM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurentiu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Angie* View Post
Is there a way to take a book that I purchased from the Sony Bookstore and import it to Calibre...
Yes. But for that you would have to remove the DRM.
This is not true, Calibre will manage Sony DRM'd epubs fine. See below.

Quote:
Is there a way to take a book that I purchased from the Sony Bookstore and import it to Calibre, so that I can edit the metadata and have it in the correct order in my collections?
Yes! and no and yes!

Yes
- You treat this book just like any other book. You have to find the .ePub not the .ascm file. Add the .epub file to Calibre.

No
- You can edit the book's entry in Calibre, cover, summary, rating, tags and series so it looks pretty in Calibre. But you can't actually save those metadata changes to the file.

Yes
- When you send the book to your device the tags and series that you assigned to it will be turned into collections when sent to your reader.

Quote:
If I try and import it into Calibre from my computer, Calibre can't read any of the metadata information. And if I try and send it to my reader anyway, it says it can't read the source format...
You must use the .epub file not the .ascm. Calibre can read the metadata from the .epub file without a problem.

You can transfer it to your reader like every other book.

Once you add the right file it will transfer fine to your reader.

Quote:
but it also won't convert the file to any other format. ~~~

I guess I'm assuming that the file has some sort of DRM?
It is DRM'd and because of that you can't convert the file or save updated metadata in the file. But this won't stop you from having your entry in Calibre look good and transferring the file in the proper collection to your reader.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 05-05-2010 at 08:08 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote