View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 11:02 PM   #90
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I never leave my ereaders without a cover because I'm insanely anal about not having any scratches on my devices. But I'll admit I absolutely detest the covers that have any kind of a flap that gets in the way when the cover is turned back. My covers open like a book, no extra straps, flaps, elastic appendages on them at all to get in the way.

And I don't mind the covers that operate that way at all. None of my ereaders have ever had even the slightest scratch on them. My phones are the same because I keep a good quality screen protector on my phone that doesn't get in the way at all.

If my reader or phone had even a slight scratch, it would annoy me so much that I'd get a new device to replace it. So a cover is pretty necessary to keep the screens in pristine condition.

Edit: I should add I also hate the covers that hold the readers in with any type of straps or elastic at the corners of the device, or where you slide it in so an extra piece of material is on top of the reader. As much as I love the look of the Oberon covers, that leaves them out as a choice for me, plus there's elastic and a button attached. The reader must fit into the case without any such obstructions so the top of it is as if there's no cover at all. Maybe if you find a case that performs like that, you won't mind it so much.

Last edited by Ripplinger; 12-30-2013 at 11:40 PM.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote