View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #21
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Since we're going into this cold without prior discussion/votes on what should make up certain categories, I can't support a category like "Award Winners". We haven't decided what that even means yet. I would never support it if it means any award winners including genre, because then it'd probably just turn into a genre sci-fi/fantasy month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
* Sci-Fi [Hamlet53]

** Fantasy [Hamlet53, fantasyfan]
Knowing that Hamlet53 was in favour of combining Sci-Fi and Fantasy, it seems like his nomination might have been as one option of "Sci-Fi and Fantasy" rather than two separate ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
...If we started with categories first, then decided which month to place each in, the process might not be finished in time for January's nominations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post

1 week for category nominations. 1 week for category vote. 1 week for January vote. Equals 3 weeks. 3 weeks is end of November, which is in time for January.
This seems like a rather long way to go about doing this. I think with most other ways the entire process including deciding monthly order would be done well before January. But an advantage to this way is that the monthly order is decided along the way.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote