View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 04:26 AM   #99
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by mod186k1 View Post
Want to know how a technology works is a "nerd" matter? There is no traslation in my language for this word but if be "nerd" means to deepen the things around you, then the traslation should be "intelligente" ("clever" in english)
If I buy a reader I want to read and I am not interested how the damn thing works.
If you are forced to find that out you are in trouble already: there goes the productivity.
Nerd in my vocabulary means that you spend limitless amounts of time to find out how a device works, forgetting about the original purpose completely.
So it seems to be more a compulsive behaviour.
As far as I can see there is no correlation to intelligence/cleverness - positive or negative ...

Last edited by Beryll Snyder; 03-01-2012 at 04:30 AM.
Beryll Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote