View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 07:13 PM   #1
bravodia008
bravodia008 knows the way to San Jose.bravodia008 knows the way to San Jose.bravodia008 knows the way to San Jose.bravodia008 knows the way to San Jose.bravodia008 knows the way to San Jose.bravodia008 knows the way to San Jose.bravodia008 knows the way to San Jose.bravodia008 knows the way to San Jose.bravodia008 knows the way to San Jose.bravodia008 knows the way to San Jose.bravodia008 knows the way to San Jose.

Device: KOBO
Talking Broken Screen Blues

I joined this site just to write this.
Also, I LOVE this site. It is so very helpful!

Shh! I will make a confession.
I broke the screen on my Kobo.
I'd bought it last fall,
so we're talking about roughly 8 months later
no receipt
I was travelling with it in my bag without its case (it was adding bulk to my carry-on) I must have shoved in my work binder in too forcefully because later on in the flight, as I eagerly took it out to read my newest downloads...
Half the screen was showing a crack in the bottom right hand corner, on the inside, so the font was all messed up, not a crack on the physical screen.

I was so sad!
When I first bought it, I was having battery issues (would die after a couple of hours of reading), wifi lags (it was seriously slow-- I ended up just disabling it) and whenever I synced it, it would wipe out previous purchases?? I actually hated it, then tried it out again this winter -without expecting anything from it- and started loving it.

Anyway, after googling "Kobo cracked screen" (what to do!), I found several threads here suggesting contacting customer service.

I have never been SO impressed with customer service!!!

I sent off an email.
Got a reply promptly.
I received a Purolator envelope soon after.
Sent it off.
Got it sent back... with a beautiful NEW Kobo!

I am now a Kobo fan/convert/supporter!!

Thank you KOBO Customer Care!
Thank you MobileRead members!

PS. To people who are not receiving a reply from Customer Service, I strongly suggest trying again. In my first month of owning this, I emailed alot regarding all the issues I was having. Just be persistent until you get it solved. (As with every other company's cs, I think it really depends who you get as well.)
bravodia008 is offline   Reply With Quote