View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 08:03 AM   #13
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Barlow View Post
Although I did download pirated ebooks when I first got an ereader, I now find myself buying them. When a Jo Nesbo novel costs you 3.19 pounds, and that might represent a week's reading (or more if you've got a busy life) it's a pretty negligible amount of money. It's less than the cost of a pint. ONE pint!

And if you are buying an indie writer for, say, a pound, it's ridiculously good value.
pound for pound, books still provide the best value for your entertainment money around.

i just got Brandon Sandersons The Way of Kings (in print). 1200 pages. both the ebook and print are $9. it'll take me probably 2 weeks to read this. in the equivalent time i could probably easily beat a dozen video games at $60 a pop. i couldn't even buy a movie ticket or cd for what the book cost me.

of course indie books are cheaper but even they guarantee at least a solid 2 days of entertainment at minimum.

i used to pirate the bejeezus out of stuff when i first got my kindle, i was like a kid in a candy store. i'll still sample a book here and there. but my adventures on the darkside built up a large stable of authors whose books i must have day 1 and i refuse to wait around for them to maybe show up on a pirate site.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote