View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 03:00 PM   #2
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Calibre will always place a book in a folder using the name that it wants to use, period. The trick is to influence calibre in such a way that it wants to use the name style you prefer.

Likely the best/easiest way to influence calibre is to edit the metadata using calibre's Edit Metadata dialog after the book is added to the library. By changing the Author field and the Author Sort field to match the fields in the other book that calibre has placed in the folder you prefer (e.g. Lee Child).

In general, you should not be concerned with the folders calibre creates, but it is generally a good idea that a particular author is always listed the same in each of that author's books. I prefer to use the Tag Browser panel to look for authors that are listed multiple times. When I find one, I right-click on one of the author listing and select Manage Authors. There I can edit the Author and Author_Sort fields so that each author is listed consistently.

Last edited by dwig; 11-07-2017 at 03:19 PM.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote