View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 04:13 PM   #57
DezReads
DezReads began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (Version 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
What is happening is that KSM tries to enable usb storage mode, and for that purpose unmounts the user partition to prevent data corruption. Since Koreader is located on the user partition, and nickel uses some files of the user partition, you cannot start them in this state.
Thank you for explaining, that makes sense. I think I will make a script that does the opposite and mounts the onboard partition again so I don't always have to reboot when I test it.

Quote:
Did you installed the KSM version from the first post of the KSM thread? I guess usb would work with the version you can find here. You can install it over your current version (select install uncontrolled).
I have just tried it and it still has the same problems, usb still doesn't work and the touch input is horizontally mirrored. In fact, isn't this version missing update_002? I had already installed that before.
(I did not have the option to select 'install uncontrolled', I just put KoboRoot.tgz into the .kobo folder and ejected my device, then it rebooted)

Quote:
The problem with enabling usb storage is caused, I believe, by KSM trying to enable usbnet at start up. The KSM version you are probably running cannot handle this on mark 7 devices and therefore messes up the usb situation. This might possibly effect also plato.
I see. Is there an option to completely turn off usbnet? I do not need it for now as long as wifi works. I can also ssh into my device by using koreader or vlavosoft launcher or use rmc over wifi in KSM.

Quote:
It might become an issue when nickel does stop working. This can happen for instance when the database gets corrupted.
Good to know. If I could still access KSM then I could start vlavosoft launcher and use sftp and ssh to fix things!
DezReads is offline   Reply With Quote