View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 06:29 PM   #59
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by fidvo View Post
<snip>

I also use the View Manager plugin to help me divide my workflow into different tasks. For example, when I'm filling out series info, I have a view that puts the series and subseries columns up front. I have another view that puts the custom Path column up front. The same goes for looking up data. I have views for the columns I tend to search on often.
View Manager is my #1 optional plugin, I'd be lost without it.

I have different libraries for books, periodicals, and media which have different custom columns, hence each library has its own set of Views. I also do all my metadata editing in the book list, so I have several Views in my Intake library that show and hide different columns depending on 'book' source and target library.

Added: the Home and End keys will move the list hard left and hard right, and Ctrl+Home and Ctrl+End will take you to the top and bottom of the list.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-13-2018 at 06:36 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote