View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 11:14 AM   #51
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I'm initially 'attracted' to a book by its author or subject matter, never the cover, I read a lot of biographies, histories etc. The first thing I look at is the the blurb on the back or dust jacket flaps.
True, but for me any book comprises the whole: cover, back-page, blurb, pictures (if any) and text. Oh, and the smell of ink (still not yet a feature of ebooks, but who knows calibre might already think about that feature...).

Further, I did read once a whodunnit and the cover artist had cleverly hidden clues in the cover image, so yes, there the cover *did* matter.

That said: there are collectors who collect certain issues and re-issues of the same book and value the details of the changes in cover design.

But of course, YMMV which is a good thing.
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote