View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 07:43 PM   #50
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Dr C
I just put things like that Under Authors:

Abby Church (trans) & Charles Schultz (Illust)

Calibre's Author_sort ignores the stuff in ( )
I do similar, but in a custom column called 'Other Contributors', but only for illustrators, translators and foreword writers, not cover designers. I don't value the covers, I remove them from epubs before putting them on my tablet and I never use calibre's cover carousel or grid.

I'm initially 'attracted' to a book by its author or subject matter, never the cover, I read a lot of biographies, histories etc. The first thing I look at is the the blurb on the back or dust jacket flaps.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote