View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 06:20 AM   #23146
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Any day that I wake up and no one is shooting at me is a very nice day. It's all perspective.

There is NOTHING so important (to me, anyway.) as a positive mental attitude. I believe we can control our existence, and if 'we' don't control it, someone or something else will, and not always in a way that we want. I prefer optimism to pessimism, and in fact have been soundly chided for it by some. I admit it... I may carry optimism a bit too far. But I believe even yesterday can get better!

Every morning I sit quietly, meditating for 20 minutes and 'visualize' just what I want out of life. I 'see' it in my mind's eye. I do the same in the late afternoon. Then I get off my ass and make it happen.

If there are any doubts about the effect of a P.M.A., just look around. The people with a positive attitude always seem to get just what they want out of life. The people with a negative attitude are always complaining that they don't.

"Every day, in every way, it gets better, better, and better." Émile Coué 1857-1926

Stitchawl
I do not meditate but I fully agree that how you set your mind is how you will be. If you focus on spilled drinks, and messy floors... your day will not be as good as if you focus on positive things. Perception drives reality.

VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote