View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 05:49 PM   #91
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
I was merely trying to suggest that you acknowledge at some point that Apple makes mistakes. I know that you have a lot of money invested in their products and aren't objective enough to do that, but your constant crashing of any thread that suggests Apple is anything less than perfect (do you have some kind of alarm set up or something?) is just tiresome.

Anyway, keep up the good work. If nothing else you make me, and I suspect many others, thankful we're not as blinkered as you.
Hmm.

"Yes, Maps looks like a disaster, at least in the short term. Not only that, but it's so US-centric that it cuts off postal codes after 5 digits.

People are saying it will get better, that having a massive population use it will swiftly improve the data, that Apple is going to release APIs to make it a platform for other developers who will create integrated public transit apps, and so on. I say... good for them if they can pull that off sometime in the next year, though I don't see how crowdsourcing is going to help with terrible satellite imagery. Meanwhile, the user suffers.

I hope Google releases its Maps app soon.
"

- 20/09/2012

"Harry, if you rely heavily on Maps do not upgrade. Google is supposedly "putting the finishing touches" on their new mapping application, but until then the data is just plain unreliable and lack of transit directions is horrid."

- 28/11/2012

"It [Google Maps] is here.

It is glorious.
"

- 13/12/2012

Doubtless you will offer a prompt retraction.

As for my "constant crashing" of threads, perhaps if the Android crew were capable of going one day without denigrating Apple in every single topic in this forum (this one was about Amazon, if I recall correctly), you'd see fewer replies to their provocations.
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote