View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 02:14 PM   #22
timofonic
Zealot
timofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox M96+
Hello Hawhill.

Thanks for your points, you are nicely contributing to make things more clear.

What password should I put and where? How to obtain that password?

So do you mean we just rewrote the document partition? Because there's just one on the system, you are right.

Do you think Amazon would replace or fix my Kindle DXG at this stage?

Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
Side note: Recovery does *NOT* mean you should dump the image onto the document partition of the kindle. You need to access the root partition and the kindle will only allow for that when you select that from recovery menu *and* enter password (or you did use yifanlu's kernel before it broke).

As a rule of thumb: When there's only one partition (/dev/sdX1, but no /dev/sdX2), chances are it's the document partition, *NOT* the root partition. You can also check partition sizes: The root partition is the same size as the partition image.

Note that recovery this way is not without risks. And you should really know what you're doing and why.

In fact it was news for me when stranger_st wrote that you can access the root partition without RS232 and entering password. And I still don't really believe that - except if you were using yifanlus kernel.
timofonic is offline   Reply With Quote