View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 10:50 PM   #20
timofonic
Zealot
timofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox M96+
Hello.

The same happens here, the Kindle tries to boot again and again with the progress bar finishing but appears again. It says the "Please wait a moment while your Kindle starts up." message a lot of time, then it reboots and can't finish to boot but it says finally the "Repair needed" warning at the end without other change.

Same error as before

What it can be? So opening the Kindle to do JTAG would be necessary now or there's something me and lyman666 missed or did wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyman666 View Post
Hi stranger_st and timofonic,

thank you both for help, but my kindle dxg is still in trouble, have you already unbrick your DXG successfully just by following the steps that stranger_st given here and not by using of TTL2RS232 adapter?

My situaton is:
The operation that write the rootfs.img (I get it from stranger_st) to kindle disk partition should be success, it takes few minutes to do that and then the command finished and followed by file size information of read and write operation. I press R4 but kindle cannot restart correctly, and just ask me to wait.

I just want to know what's wrong with me in this steps. It seems I did the same thing to brick DXG with you: push the I button in the development menu mode.

Last edited by timofonic; 10-24-2011 at 11:01 PM.
timofonic is offline   Reply With Quote