View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 12:03 PM   #15
martumz
martumz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Red face CourseSmart: can't live with 'em, can't eat 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by abvmoose View Post
Do you know if possible to use the wifi printing service tecnique to get a drm free copy with the online version?
No idea. I don't recall ever printing anything from them. Something on their web site, I think when you're in your 'bookshelf' and highlight one of your active book subscriptions, says if you have printed x out of y pages.

If memory serves there may be a limit to the No. of pages which may be printed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
this is really very useful. One question: did you choose to use Coursesmart, or did your instructor recommend it? Because from the blurb marketing this to lecturers I really cannot see much point in using/recommending it (from the teaching side of things)
No instructor recommendations for CourseSmart. Another prof recommended an ebook which was available from another source, Norton books or something similar.

I wish the publishers were a little more forthcoming directly with this medium, rather then leveraging third parties. 180 day restriction...what crap.

A family member at a technical/engineering/etc. technical college said one or more of his professor's is using wikibooks.org, which sounds interesting. Has anyone else had an instructor which used these?
martumz is offline   Reply With Quote