View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 11:16 AM   #6
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
But... but... (sputter)... I just enlarged the font and now the reflow has moved the quoted sentence away from the beginning of the line... What now?

It seems to me that the hanging quote has to be a reader implemented feature, like ligatures, to actually work properly. Of course, if you want zero margins, you can't have hanging quotes!

Should we start a 'Good Typography Requires:' feature list? Would 'hanging quotes' be near the top? Is it an ordered list anyway? Should I start a new thread?
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote