View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 08:46 AM   #69
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_J_Lath View Post
Well, it's asparagus season in the UK at the moment, so looking forward to some nice, juicy fat examples. I always find they go pretty well with a roast - though you have to put up with stinky wee for a while afterwards, lol.

Did you ever have the pleasure of sampling some Hampshire watercress while you were here, Beppe? There's quite a few smallholdings near me, and I tell you - that stuff is HOT (watercress is actually a member of the mustard family). The good thing about it, however, is that it will still retain a lot of flavour if you make a soup out of it. If you're a fan of rocket (I am!) you'll probably like it.
I simply adore watercress. I had watercress sandwiches in England, maybe soups also. I would not know about Hampshire's.

Here they do not sell it and I always failed to have it in the garden, although some time I find it in the woods, near a stream.

Rocket, is very tasty. The wild one, with small leaves, has to be used sparsely. As it is quite peppery.

A classic, in our Summer cooking, is extra thin slices of raw beef, cut from a lean part (carpaccio) over a bed of rucola (rocket)and some thin slices of parmesan cheese. And just few drops of olive oil. I always have a supply of rucola in the fridge.I put some in the salad every time.

Lately it became in fashion to put it over a thin pizza, with mozzarella. A substantial layer of rucola and small ripe cherry tomatoes split in two. After the pizza has been cooked. Quite tasty. And patriotic.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote