View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 06:47 PM   #433
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
This might help, although the accuracy might be a bit iffy for really old stuff (before the distinction between boards and platforms was made clear).
That reference list in your linked header file says "Mario", but the log files on my K1 call it "Fiona".
Code:
Apr 21 11:21:56 kernel: PNLCD: Fiona PNLCD Driver v0.94
Apr 21 11:21:56 kernel: KEYBOARD: Fiona Keyboard Driver v1.0
I will need to unpack and check the GPL source files to see if they agree (though they should, because THEY are writing to the log files). I wonder where that "Mario" comment in your (YiFanlu's) header file came from -- perhaps a guess (especially with that question mark in the comment)?

Interestingly, the K1 does not use eMMC (which has built-in write wear-leveling and bad block relocation). Instead it has vulnerable raw flash, and the firmware contains a Samsung XSR driver which performs though missing functions on writable raw bml (block management level) partitions, providing virtual stl (sector translation level) devices when a partition must be mounted as writable. The only partitions mounted as writable are /mnt/us/ and /opt/ (and writable user vars are stored in /opt/var instead of nonexistent /var/local). I will start a thread to document my K1 research at some point.

Last edited by geekmaster; 04-21-2016 at 07:00 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote