View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 09:37 AM   #40
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Made of Stone (The Mangel Series #5) by Charlie Williams from Thomas & Mercer (£0.99) is the Amazon UK Kindle Deal of the Day (June 17) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description

Customer Review: "Another brilliantly written, explosive, funny, dark and wonderful edition to the Mangel saga."

There’s bad stuff out there. Folks reckon things like vampires don't exist, but they does—Jock from the burger van told me. Plus I found an actual one of ’em, sleeping at the time in the back of a hearse I nicked that first morning. That's how me and Jock got to setting out freeing the world of ’em, using his bag o’ wooden stakes and special bottles of whisky. Course, I knowed that vampires didn’t exist, not when I stopped and done some thinking. And I knowed Jock had mental wossnames, what with his son falling off that roof and him reckoning them immigrants pushed him. It’s just that I didn't get much time for thinking, not with the coppers on our arse. Jock were off... and me with him.
Four Summer Romance Reads (£0.99 each) is the Amazon UK Kindle Romance Daily Deal (June 17) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description

Indulge your love of romance with these light-hearted novels, perfect for reading at the beach.
-----

The Yiddish Policemen's Union: A Novel by Michael Chabon from Harper ($1.99) is the Kindle Deal of the Day (June 17) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

* Also on Amazon CA

Quote:
Product Description

Customer review: "This novel is an artful blend of crime fiction and alternate history."

For sixty years Jewish refugees and their descendants have prospered in the Federal District of Sitka, a "temporary" safe haven created in the wake of the Holocaust and the shocking 1948 collapse of the fledgling state of Israel. The Jews of the Sitka District have created their own little world in the Alaskan panhandle, a vibrant and complex frontier city that moves to the music of Yiddish. But now the District is set to revert to Alaskan control, and their dream is coming to an end.

Homicide detective Meyer Landsman of the District Police has enough problems without worrying about the upcoming Reversion. His life is a shambles, his marriage a wreck, his career a disaster. And in the cheap hotel where Landsman has washed up, someone has just committed a murder—right under his nose. When he begins to investigate the killing of his neighbor, a former chess prodigy, word comes down from on high that the case is to be dropped immediately, and Landsman finds himself contending with all the powerful forces of faith, obsession, evil, and salvation that are his heritage.

At once a gripping whodunit, a love story, and an exploration of the mysteries of exile and redemption, The Yiddish Policemen's Union is a novel only Michael Chabon could have written.
California Wine by Casey Dawes from Crimson Romance ($0.99) is the Kindle Romance Deal of the Day (June 17) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

* Also on Amazon CA

Quote:
Product Description

Customer review: "I highly recommend this fantastic read if you like wine, food, and romance."

Single mother Elizabeth Ladina is done with men. From her father on down, all they want to do is control her life.

Deciding to take her life into her own hands, she ends her five-year relationship and goes to Italy to visit Liguria, her family’s original home and rediscover the thrill of being on her own. A visit to an upscale skin care boutique in Italy inspires her. Dreaming she could create an upscale lotion line that is splashed across the pages of the best glossy fashion magazines, she’s eager to get home to California and make her vision into reality.

Italian Marcos Gamari has one goal in life - to create the world’s finest wine from the best vineyards in the world. His vineyards in Italy and France are producing prime wines that are already garnering awards and he has no time or desire for romance in his life. Emotional entanglements only lead to pain. His ex-wife had proved that.

Still, when he sees the pretty American eating alone in a hotel dining room in Liguria, he’s compelled to strike up a conversation, which leads to dinner and Elizabeth’s invitation to see the vineyards of the Santa Cruz Mountains near her home in California. She claims they are equal, and cheaper, than anything he’ll find in Napa, his original destination.

Sparks fly when they meet again in Costanoa. Elizabeth and Marcos are determined to maintain their single-track focus on their businesses. But can they keep romance out of their lives forever?

Sensuality Level: Sensual
Child of the Northern Spring: Book One of the Guinevere Trilogy by Persia Woolley from Sourcebooks Landmark ($1.99) is the Kindle Sci-Fi / Fantasy Deal of the Day (June 17) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

* Also on Amazon CA

Quote:
Product Description

Customer review: "This novel is the best telling of the Arthurian Legend that I've ever read."

The story of a queen who deserves to become a legend - a startlingly original tale of Arthur & Guinevere

Often portrayed as spoiled, in Persia Woolley's hands Guinevere comes alive as a high-spirited, passionate woman. When she is chosen by Arthur to be his wife, Guinevere's independence wars with her family loyalty. As the wedding approaches and hints of rebellion abound, she learns that the old gods are in revolt against the new Christian church, and that scattered kingdoms are stirring from their uneasy peace. This is Arthurian epic at its best, filled with romance, adventure, authentic historical detail, and a landscape alive with the mystery of Britain in the Dark Ages.
Three children's books by Joan MacPhail Knight ($0.99 each) is the Kindle Kids Deal of the Day (June 17) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description

Today only, three children's books that transport the reader to a magical time in art history.
-----

Smart and Sexy (Sky High Air Series #1) by Jill Shalvis from Kensington ($1.99) is the NOOK Daily Find (June 17)

Quote:
Product Description

When pilot Noah Fisher sat down in the captain's chair, he didn't expect that this day would be the day he'd be hijacked -- let alone by his old crush Bailey Sinclair. Bailey's a desperate woman -- obviously! -- but sparks soon fly in this suspense-filled romance from fan-favorite author Jill Shalvis (Her Perfect Stranger.)
** Price-matched on US Amazon

Smart and Sexy (Sky High Air Series #1) by Jill Shalvis is also $1.99 (Amazon US)
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote