View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 09:31 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by msw_author View Post
1. Had anyone successfully uploaded an ePub to LightningSource? If so, do you have any tips? i.e. what kind of computer do you have? Mac or Windows? Which program did you use to create the ePub?

2. Does anyone know of any issues with uploading an ePub from a Mac? I read some threads about the zipping and unzipping on a Mac causes issues, so I tried using a Windows machine and had the same problems.
1. Yes, I've got ePubs distributed through Lightning Source. I haven't uploaded one recently, but if there isn't an automated way to do it by now, you'll need to manually request that the ePub be distributed DRM-free.

2. If you're unzipping/rezipping on a Mac, you should get the https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ip+applescript, and you will probably also find the epubcheck AppleScript useful.

My best guess is that you haven't set author/publisher metadata. I recommend opening in Sigil, adding the metadata and resaving. Unless you're happy doing it manually.

To the best of my knowledge, Lightning Source does not distribute to Amazon. You'll need to convert your ePub to a Kindle/Mobi format and upload that to Amazon yourself. Amazon is still the major ebook retailer, so missing out on those sales would be foolish.

I suspect that LS don't distribute to Apple either, so you should probably set up an account there too.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote