View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 10:43 PM   #1
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Excellent reader for Java-based phones

I know I'm late to an ill-attended party that's about to wrap up, but I just found a great reading app for my Sony Ericsson W760 dumbphone (I like to call it a half-bright phone, as it covers all the smartphone bases pretty solidly despite the hardware limitations). The open-source Albrite Reader (linky) is both simpler and more customizable than most of the reading apps I tried for Windows XP/7, and several for Android.

I was inspired by having left my reader behind at my mom's place last weekend and having to suffer a short bus trip and a long three days waiting for it to ship to me, about 3/4 of the way through Cryptonomicon

I doubt I'd use the 2.2" screen as my primary reader, but who knows in a pinch? I browsed a ton on it with Opera Mini for quite a while. Anyway, it's nice to have a back-up device. It's loaded with a dozen or so books from my to-read list, so even if I don't keep it current with what I'm reading, at least I'll have something available.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote