View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 07:28 PM   #10
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
So this thread "Easy Question about Kindle for the PC" turns out to be anything but "easy." I guess OP needs to travel to town with the pc that will do the reading. Then grab the book. Then go home. Maybe, grab a few books while in town!...
This is true, but only for Kindle books with DRM (e.g. virtually all of those from Amazon). Amazon's DRM is coded specifically for the particular reader, either Kindle device or installation of "Kindle for ..." . Unfortunately, the "Download to PC" option on their web site only allows selecting Kindle devices. The various "Kindle for ..." software readers have to download the purchased books themselves.

If you're downloading ebooks from non-DRM sources like this site (.PRC files), Project Gutenberg (their .MOBI Kindle files), ManyBooks (.PRC, .MOBI, or .AZW), ... they can be downloaded from any connected machine and then moved to the "C:/My Documents/My Kindle Content" folder on the machine running Kindle4PC.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote