Thread: Typos in ebooks
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 10:00 AM   #12
ATimson
Evangelist
ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I read Transfer of Power by Vince Flynn recently and I found a lot of errors that should have been avoided. It's like the books was converted from a PDF copy.
Well... the books are probably converted from the laid-out-in-InDesign version, rather than the manuscript version (otherwise they'd be missing any revisions made from the page proofs, etc.).

If they're not doing the layout in InDesign "right", so that its ePub export knows how to handle the line-break/hyphenation issues that crop up in a PDF, I'd expect to see similar errors. (And the resulting PDF ebook probably fails at reflowing properly on mobile devices, too.)
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote