View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 10:47 AM   #39
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I forgot to mention "The Tough Guide to Fantasyland" by Diana Wynne Jones. Laugh out loud funny. It is set up like a dictionary / encyclopedia and pokes fun at fantasy tropes. As a fantasy lover, I loved it.

Humour is very culturally subjective, so it's really hard to find something that will appeal to everyone. Aristophanes (greek comedy), for example, I sometimes find hilarious, and sometimes I have no idea what he is talking about. My husband finds "Ante Tomić", a Croatian writer of humourous novels, laugh-out-loud funny, but I have a suspicion that people not from central or eastern Europe wouldn't get his humour. (I'm not sure if any of his stuff has been translated.)
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote