Old 07-16-2016, 06:58 AM   #1
carygrant
carygrant began at the beginning.

Device: android tablet
Cannot wireless sync library

Hi

Can anyone help

Updated to v 5.1.3.3 (334) I am not sure if this is a reason

I cannot now wireless sync files to my tablet.

The connection is "forcibly" dropped by the tablet as cannot write to sd card.

This worked perfectly with the older version of CC. By the way it is the amazon app. if this is important.

If I use the content server then I can transfer the book even then sometimes it is a bit picky and will not work with a long press. I have to go into the metadata file select format to transfer and then download from there and it works. So it is not a write issue with my tablet

I am on KIT-KAT.

It worked perfectly before.

I had updated to Calibre 2.62 and then reverted to 2.61 and the error occurs on both so it would seem to be a Calibre companion "thing"

Can I revert to a any previous build to check and I know that I would have to build my whole library again!!

This is the error reported by calibre

calibre, version 2.61.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

[Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 584, in _upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 50, in _synchronizer
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 1452, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 689, in _put_file
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 575, in _send_byte_string
error: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Anyone

Last edited by carygrant; 07-16-2016 at 07:11 AM. Reason: added calibre error message
carygrant is offline   Reply With Quote