View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 10:04 AM   #41
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
About my nomination of Graphic Novel:

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Like the sound of that. I haven't serious read any graphic novels for a few years, but would like to again, so I'll second it.

Might be hard to get ebook versions though?
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
I haven't read graphic novels for ages, but lately I heard that Uluysses of James Joyce had been made into a graphic novel. And I wondered wether other MR-ers know of more such books.
I don't mean to nominate horror/superman and such........

It is a bit of an experiment, but if someone thinks it isn't right, I'll withdraw my nomination, no problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
I'll third graphic novel. And while there are many graphic novel adaptations of classic books, there's also a wealth of comic books and manga, some of which are available as ebooks other than CBR or PDF.

If it wins, I'd prefer we selected a book that's designed for the medium, not one that was converted from another format. I wonder if we can find graphic novels designed to be read as ebooks--smaller panels? fewer per screen?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Please do us all a favor and retract that. It just won't work.
As I said before, I will retract my nomination; no problem, but......Orlok and Elfwreck have seconded it and third it.
I think it is polite to ask both if they agree.
Or I could just let it stand and if nobody votes for it......that's it.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote