View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 09:53 PM   #6
taglines
Banned
taglines has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.taglines has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.taglines has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.taglines has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook
DMcCunney, it's a great question to ask: "Will e-books spell the end of great writing?" I think the answer is "no", since future generations of writers will still grow up and learn to read and write from a combo of print books and e-books, and since most people who later become real "authors" have often said in interviews that they learned to write by reading alot when they were younger, reading Great Books and reading thrillers and detective yarns, too....then since future generations of writers will have read a lot on both pbooks and ebooks, they will have learned the craft of writing and storytelling from the combo of hardbacks, paperbacks and ebooks that graced their lives when young.

Writing will change, probably, styles will change, the way of storytelling will evolve, but great writers and great storytellers will emerge always..... let's check back in 200 years and see! I am pretty sure great writing will endure, as will great storytelling, since we are by nature storytellers from way back. The stories of the future will be equally compelling I feel, although the way they are told and the media they are told in will change, sure.

From Shakespeare to Dickens to Spielberg to Gibson to Bruce Sterling to The Next Great Generation of Storytellers...... storytelling will endure, for sure!
taglines is offline   Reply With Quote