View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 01:02 AM   #6
Pulpmeister
Wizard
Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
They're already becoming collectible, like old cell-phones or even old personal computers. Tucked away in my wardrobe I have my first PC: A TRS80 portable the size and weight of a heavy duty sewing machine, with (gasp!) two five and a half inch floppy disc drives, 64 K ram, a huge 6 inch green screen, and its original manuals, all pristine. Still works, too, with TRS DOS disc and a Word Processor software disc. Come to think of it I still have all my dead cell-phones, starting with a flip model like Gibbs in NCIS.

I also have most of the cameras I've owned, from a black cubic box brownie from when I was 12 or so, to my current Nikons via numerous 35mm SLRs starting with my first, an East German Exa I bought second hand back in the Jurassic era.

eBook readers? so far, my first two Kindles. Think how little space they take up!

Maybe I should be one of the first in my city to hit the second hand stores and see what's floating about, before anyone else wakes up and the prices go up for the rare models. And as a bonus, they might still have all the eBooks on them from the previous owner.

It's the collector wave of the future! Next stop, Antiques Roadshow. Sneakyspider's really onto something here.

Last edited by Pulpmeister; 05-03-2018 at 08:01 AM.
Pulpmeister is offline   Reply With Quote