View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 06:29 AM   #8
Sregener
Addict
Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Abe View Post
Before other options for buying books became available, book clubs may have made sense.
I think you're confusing book clubs with book-of-the-month clubs. The former is simply a gathering of like-minded individuals who agree to read the same book at roughly the same time and discuss it. Oprah's book club is merely her recommendation, usually followed up with an appearance on her show by the author.

I think anything that gets people reading is a good thing. While I'm no fan, I support her efforts to get the public reading.
Sregener is offline   Reply With Quote