View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 03:51 AM   #5
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
I fear that your children will not want those books when that time comes, but I hope so if that is what you want.
I'm like Fat Abe when it comes to books. I only buy in ebook form books that I want to read then delete. I prefer to buy hardcover versions of nonfiction and certain (very limited) fiction. I alos plan to pass my library of hardcovers on to my children some day.

My son has already told me that there are a few hardcovers he would keep but the rest he would donate or sell. My daughter would like the entire library as she is like me and she would keep the books and pass them on some day. My other daughter is not much of a reader and could care less whether she gets them or not.

All of the children, however, are interested in my collectible first editions and autographed hardcovers. Those they would all save for their value -- at least for a while.

Even knowing that my library may not be appreciated by my children (there is always hope that my grandchildren will be more like me), I still continue to grow my library because it gives me personal satisfaction. Some people collect art, some baseball cards, some antiques -- I collect books and would feel a loss without them.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote