View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 07:58 PM   #23
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@Stephan - Thx for sending me the PDF/EPUB. The EPUB returns an ISBN with the changes made by DrMerry - it is because the ISBN has spaces in it rather than dashes. So my next release will support that for you.

The PDF I don't know why it failed as yet (DrMerry's additions did not find that ISBN either). I'll post back here when I figure out why...

EDIT: Ok, the reason for the PDF you sent me is as per my first response on this that particular part of the PDF is being seen by Calibre as an image, not as parseable text. You can see this if you do a conversion to EPUB in Calibre, the first pages of this at least are converted to imges.

I also discovered that it is the cover page that causes the Calibre conversion to run so slowly in this instance (I stripped off the leading 5 pages into a new PDF). I will raise a ticket on the bug tracker and see if someone can take a look, perhaps they can both explain why the ISBN page is being treated as an image (when the text is selectable in a PDF reader) and maybe an optimisation to not take so long on the cover page.

Last edited by kiwidude; 03-29-2011 at 08:15 PM.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote