View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 08:21 AM   #3
jettrue
Enthusiast
jettrue began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Note that correcting the metadata in calibre does not get it into the actual ebook file but merely into the calibre database. If you were loading the books onto the nook via Calibre then this would not matter as the "Send to Device" command would update the metadata during the transfer.

If you are using calibre2opds then you are by-passing this stage. The solution is to run an epub to epub conversion on your books in calibre which forces the actual ebook file to have it's metadata updated so that you will see the changes when calibre2opds transfers the book onto the nook..

Thanks for bringing this up - I will update the calibre2opds online documentation to mention this. I suspect most people do not encounter this as their books have often been converted in calibre from another format.
Thank you, running an epub to epub conversion worked. I just tested it with one book, and it looks good. Is there anything I have to worry about with converting? If it's epub to epub, it should be pretty much the same, correct?

THanks!
jettrue is offline   Reply With Quote