View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 11:03 PM   #9
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Many thanks, my friends!

I have good news and I have bad news.

The only thing I wanted for my birthday was an eBook reader. The good news is that my family contributed enough money to buy one! The bad news is that some bills came due and I have to spend the money on them instead. So I will have to wait a little longer.
arg, how frustrating ! but i am sure that when you get it, you will appreciate it all the more, since you had to wait for it ! i hope you get it soon though.

Quote:
By the way, grandma and Zelda, my mother each year used to make me a birthday cake - chocolate with coffee frosting, my favorite! She died five years ago, and I guess the bakeries here in tobacco country stink because the birthday cakes I have purchased have been pretty bad. In fact the cake two years ago was so bad that last year I skipped it altogether. This year I decided to spend the money instead on a six pack of Guinness Stout Draught, so instead of birthday cake, I'm having birthday beer!
i know just what you mean, i keep trying to find cheesecake as good as my grandmother's, i've never even come close. i do have her recipe though, so i guess the only solution is to start practicing !

birthday beer sounds like a good celebration, for someone who likes beer ! i can think of quite a few of my friends who would be very happy with that ! (i had birthday margaritas, this year, myself. )
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote