View Single Post
Old 03-29-2019, 06:08 AM   #13
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
[1]If you mean the text you bolded in your quotation, you are incorrect.

[2] The location in the file of the characters on a page in PDF is arbitrary.
[3] Converting an arbitrary PDF to flowing text (even ignoring those PDFs that just contain scanned images) is not trivial.
I may have been unclear. I agree with [2] and [3]. What I meant is that "real" ebooks are also containers with multiple "logical files" and content of those read by a human doesn't tell you how the page will look unless you are an expert at HTML, and often CSS.

PDFs were invented to help proofing content for printing on paper. Terrible format for ebook readers unless the PDF uses a small paper size or the ereader is 13" diagonal or similar. More resolution than 167 dpi (such as 300dpi) only helps a very little even on a 7" display. My Eyes!
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote