View Single Post
Old 11-22-2018, 11:03 AM   #45
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I also would appreciate a Screenshot patch. When trying to decide which default menu option to hijack, I would think that suitable candidates would be any which:
  • have only a simple ON/OFF setting
  • any individual user is likely to set once to their chosen preference then never touch again - just like the Adobe Page Numbers hijacked for InvertScreen.
The patch description could also tell the user how to permanently enable the old standard option by editing their .conf file.

An example might be the Large Print Mode option under Settings > Beta Features with a patch note stating

Making a Patch Group with multiple choices would be even better.
I agree with all. They are good guidelines and LPMode is a very good candidate because all people that need it don't change it never (I suppose).

But geek1011, I will go beyond, is the list of beta options harcoded in nickel (or other file)? May be there's a way to add options to that list (Insert dream here!). Nickel has some option hidden that appear in some circunstances but I don't know how they work.
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote