View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 10:27 PM   #70
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcandre View Post
Kite appeared to successfully install on my Kindle Keyboard 3G / USA, but I can't get any scripts to run. When I launch the PDFs, Kindle just opens blank PDFs. I added executable permissions to my scripts, I added shebangs, I tried writing a test script that with `touch test.txt`, but I don't see a test.txt file. I'm using Mac OS X, and my shell scripts are all using Unix (LF) line endings, and ASCII encoding.

I'm concerned that maybe I didn't properly root my Kindle. The update/jailbreak processed seemed to run fine, but no Kindle root files or directories are visible when I connect to my computer. I don't see /mnt/us, or even /mnt, so I can't install most apps.

What am I doing wrong?
Add USBnetworking ;
Enable it when you want to use it.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote