View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 01:48 PM   #62
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SampleAndy View Post
Update on the poetic cover.

I really liked the first one I got, so for the price, I got a second one. I figured that opening and closing the case would have to eventually wear out the "hinge" so to play it safe... Turns out poetic has real quality control issues. In the new one, the magnets that hold the cover closed actually stick out, instead of being flush, and you can feel the magnet inside the front cover. The second one DOES sleep when you fold the cover all the way back, and it doesn't fold square, either. Looks like I just got a good one the first time. As always, YMMV.
Definitely a difference in the individual covers and it sounds like my experience was the reverse of yours. I sent for a second one and it doesn't have the problem with folding back turning the PW off like my first one did (layers of foil mostly took care of that, but I know that didn't work for everyone). Also the newer one seems to fold back more squarely. Both mine have the logo up the side. The second one is definitely an improvement. I was hoping a change had been made, but your experience seems to negate that idea unless they're filling orders with ones that have been returned. They were out of stock yesterday. Back in stock today.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote