View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 06:51 PM   #44
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffel View Post
If the fields are non-standard and if the field names are free, wouldn't it be a better idea to let the users decide to add field names by themselves?
Hello,
I would guess, they are standard. Of course, usage is optional.

Quote:
A lot of the fields seem to be related to movie business, like "dancer", "woodcutter", "wood-engraver" and so on. They don't make sense in an ebook.
They make sense in some very rare situations. I.E. Woodcutter is defined as a person who cuts an image into wood (see definition in Sigil). This reminds me on the the way, how pictures are produce until ~1850/60. I.E. the early works of W. Busch are painted on a shelf, engraved by a woodcutter and then printed. Well, who remembers the name of the woodcutter today ?

Quote:
Are all these fields really needed? They will cause a lot of work (and may be frustration) for all translaters.

I couldn't find any list of all this fields of "Dublin Core Metadata" in a German translation. And I assume, other translators to other languages will have a similar problem.
As user_none says, there are some translations (i guess, just the 15 basic attributes).
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote