Thread: drm protection
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 03:33 AM   #8
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post
Does this mean if I buy a new reader, my existing epubs with DRM cannot be transferred across? Can I authorise the new device with ADE - like I have with my existing device? If DRM ties you down this much then it is even worse than I thought!
If the reader is one that can be used with DRM ADE, then yes, you can authorize the new device. I believe there's a limit to the number of device you can authorize (counting your computer, too). But I've read that if you have an issue with that (for example, if you get a new computer and device, and you've run out of authorizations) you can contact Adobe on their forums to have the number extended.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote