View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 05:30 PM   #8
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffery View Post
If you had a huge library ...
You must if you really need to divide it into a separate libraries. Based on my personal Calibre library, a single 64gb card should hold around 30,000-45,000 ebooks. 200 or 256 gb cards would push that to a significantly larger number of ebooks.

Quote:
I will include science fiction, science fact, fantasy, alternate history, childrens fiction (too many great books in that to ignore even as an adult), modern fiction, classics, textbooks and other educational/informational/reference texts, biblical, etc...
It is quite impossible to come up with any senseable division of a library based on genre. Way, way too many books will span multiple genres. Personally, I have many books that span 2 or more of the Science Fiction, Fantasy, Alternate History, YA, Children's, Modern Fiction, and Classics classifications. Add that I have numerous anthologies which contain Science Fact along with SF of one type and/or another.

I can't think of any way to divide a library other they alphabetical, either by primary author or by title. Perhaps you should reconsider the desire, or perceived need, to divide the library and look for storage solutions that will support the library in one piece.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote