View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 07:44 AM   #19
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
@cramoisy; Is that using "French_hyphen_(Alan).pdb" in KOReader?

Luck;
Ken
Hi ken,
Yes !

@Frenzie : I thought I read something about it last year but can't find it anymore. All I can find now is papers stating how bothering are soft hyphen...

There is a mention here :
https://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/text.html#h-9.3.3

Quote:
In HTML, there are two types of hyphens: the plain hyphen and the soft hyphen. The plain hyphen should be interpreted by a user agent as just another character. The soft hyphen tells the user agent where a line break can occur.

Those browsers that interpret soft hyphens must observe the following semantics: If a line is broken at a soft hyphen, a hyphen character must be displayed at the end of the first line. If a line is not broken at a soft hyphen, the user agent must not display a hyphen character. For operations such as searching and sorting, the soft hyphen should always be ignored.

Last edited by cramoisi; 04-23-2017 at 08:00 AM.
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote