View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 03:59 AM   #117
leaston
Addict
leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Hi,

Better late than never, I'll chip in too

Having many gigabytes of data available via cloud storage is great and all that, but the integration with other services is just illustrative of one technology playing catch-up with another. Until we have more comprehensive and much faster mobile coverage, relying on the cloud to supply files just doesn't work for me.

I experienced the limitation of having cloud storage available to a mobile device recently. I was out and about with my (fairly new) SLR camera and couldn't figure out a couple of the features (being a noob to SLR). As I have the pdf manual stored on DropBox, I decided to grab it on my mobile and have a read. Great idea, but there was no mobile coverage near me and so it fell flat. It was frustrating as hell at the time.

In that context, any tablet without the option of external storage in the form of an SD card slot or similar, is an instant deal breaker for me.

All the best,
Leaston
leaston is offline   Reply With Quote