View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 04:49 PM   #16
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I have several Zip's and Plus's. I find myself using them less each day and using my Echos and phones as my primary listening devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
If you're interested in selling one at a normal used unit price (not the eBay scalping prices - ugh!) then let me know.
If you're in the US I assume you know about the Goodwill auction site: https://www.shopgoodwill.com/

The MP3 player section is dominated by Ipods, but various Clips come up on a fairly regular basis. You'll be buying "as is" so read the descriptions carefully

Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
Rockbox is actually overly complex IMHO. If you're not a geeky engineer (like me!) then it probably is not ones cup of tea.
As long as you're a geeky computer engineer you might also consider picking up an Iriver H320 or H360 player. When they come up at Goodwill they're usually in the $15 to $20 range. They're fairly easy to open. A new battery will cost about $20, and you can replace the hard drive with a Compact Flash card and adapter (instructions are at the Rockbox site). It's a bit of a challenge, but it's not too bad. The capacity of the CF card will affect the price, but you can do it for under $100 and a day's work. I've done this a couple of times.

I only use mine to listen to music, but Rockbox is pretty uniform across platforms. The Rockbox for Iriiver manual is online if you want to check.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote