View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 10:10 AM   #11
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
I don't think there's a way to append to a column from a metadata plugin unless the column is already a tags column, in which case it always appends. (Languages is a tags field, so that works.)

I'm also not sure how to do a custom column, but worst case, we can try to get a feature added to calibre.

It already gets publication date.
I notice this book has both a publication date and an inception date. I was considering using inception date when publication date was not available.

Publisher is a field that typically has multiple values even for a single edition. How should that be handled?

"All available identifiers" is a tall order. Wikidata has a *lot* of them.
"All identifiers used by this list of books" is more tractable. Also, some identifiers have messy properties or may otherwise not be appropriate; for instance, with this book, the NNL work ID has 12 instances; do you really want all those added to calibre? If I add identifiers, I'd prefer to add them one at a time and give users options as to which ones they want imported, but this could quickly become a long list. This might be something appropriate for a "tweaks" style calibre preference.

Some of these fields are edition specific, and this plugin is currently specifically designed to not match to a specific volume; in fact, for the first publication date, I was considering traversing the "edition of" links to find the first edition printed. How would you propose selecting the correct edition for edition specific fields?

Last edited by compurandom; 12-16-2018 at 11:40 AM.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote