View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 08:09 PM   #10
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobzed57 View Post
I have a Kobo reader that I'm managing using Calbre, and some books don't seem to be synching to the kobo's library.

I click on a book and send it to the main memory of the Kobo. Calibre identifies the job, processes it and a tick appears in the library saying it's on the Kobo. I can also see the book in the windows explorer window, so I'm confident the file is on the device. I then eject the device and disconnect it from the computer and it processes new content, but the book doesn't appear in the Kobo's library.

I've managed to get 81 books on the Kobo and delete the preloaded ones using Calibre, but I don't understand why these few others don't appear. I have also tried transferring the books to the SD card without success.

I'm using Win 7, Calibre 0.7.20 and the Kobo's software revision is 1884.

Cheers
Hi

I had forgotten that I have seen similar behavior in the past. I had a file that was on the kobo but for one reason or another was not processed by the kobo.

Calibre does not do much when it places an epub on the kobo. It simply copies the file there and updates the metadata.calibre file. The kobo sees the file after disconnecting and processes the content and places information about it in the sqlite database.

I would check the date of the file on the device and the time that you have set on the kobo (I am really not sure how the kobo finds new content). I believe I got the file to process by updating the access time on the file with the touch command in Linux but I forget exactly what I did.

Tim
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote