View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 10:20 AM   #25
tasomaniac
tasomaniac began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedifarfy View Post
Are you keeping the Wifi on at all times? That drains the battery quickly. Put it in airplane mode whenever you don't need to connect to the ebook shop and your battery life will improve.

As for K3 vs nook, I'd still pick nook. First, I work for B&N (I don't want to be murdered by coworkers...). Second, I hate restrictive formats that limits you to what you are allowed to use, which is also why I don't have anything Apple. Yes, Amazon has things that no one else has, and I'm hoping that will change in the future. With nook, I can buy ebooks from almost anywhere and put them on my ereader. I like that.

JF
I have sold my iPhone. I hate Apple now. It restricts every thing. Amazon is like Apple in this case. I have now Nexus One and I can do whatever I want. I am so happy that I have sold my iPhone.

Nook has Android OS. This attracts me a lot. They rooted the Nook and there are few programs available for Nook now. I saw that someone is writing a program "Google Reader For Nook". That would be awesome.

But on the other hand Kindle is cheaper (lol), lighter, brighter, smaller, thinner and its battery lasts longer. ) I feel that I'd be stupid if buy the Nook.

I'm asking the nook owners: How long your battery last if you use the nook in airplane mode? and does the weight make problem for you?

Thank you everyone for your help
tasomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote